1. Why should I study at Greenland Technical University?
There are many advantages of studying at GTUZambia and some of them include:
The University draws training staff with experience from Public and Private sector.
Students are challenged and encouraged to think in new and creative ways.
Intensive academic programmes with practical applications.
2. What programmes do you offer at GREENLAND TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY?
The University offers various BACHELORS AND DIPLOMA programmes at Undergraduate Level. Click here to view all current programmes
3. How many intakes do you have?
The University has two (2) intakes i.e. January and June intakes
4. How long do your undergraduate (Diploma) Programmes take?
5. What are the entry requirements for Diploma programmes?
Five (5) 'O' level credits or better which must include English Language and Mathematics
6. Are there any exemptions for Diploma programmes?
We do not offer exemptions for first time Diploma Applicants. However if you were currently studying or undertaking a Diploma programme at another recognized College or University and want to complete it with us, you can be exempted on course basis.
7. Can I apply online?
Yes you can apply online using our online application platform.
8. What happens if I do not sit for my exams? Can I defer an exam if I missed it?
Yes you can, but only during the usaul exam (i.e. normal and/or deffered examinations period for everyone) meaning you have to register for the courses you have missed too and clear them.
9. Do you offer exemptions for those who have Diplomas?
Yes we do, however we only give exemptions on course basis. You would have to apply for exemptions by writing to the registrar and attaching a copy of your transcript which will be verified by contacting the issuing institution.
10. Do you offer long distance programmes?
Yes we do.
11. Do you have a payment plan for tuition fees?
Yes, we have a payment plan (part payment). Part payment will only be accepted upon full payment of registration and library fees and 50% down payment on tuition and signing of credit agreement form.
12. How much is the late registration fee? And how does it apply?
The late registration fee is K 200.00 Kwacha for every month that passes by after the general registration period has ended. It applies to all students wishing to register after the official registration dates.
13. Do you offer accommodation to students?
The University does not provide accommodation currently however, there are many boarding houses which are privately operated and reasonably priced within easy reach of Studnts.
14. Do you offer scholarships?
Currently we do not offer scholarships or Bursary
15. How long is a semester?
16. Where do I get help with my academic work at GT University?
Consult your school head of departments or course coordinators.
17. Where do I get the application forms?
You can download the application forms from the website or they can be collected in hard copy from the reception at the campus.
18. Where can students hand in their completed application forms?
The completed form is submitted at the main offices, at Musi-O-tunya House Third floor new wing. Application can also be done online.
19. Can I get a refund if I do not attend classes for the semester I registered for?
Visit the academic affairs office as circumstances differ for which a decision could be considered.
20. IS GT University offering hostels? Is the School library accessible even during the weekends?
Students to board Houses within the City
GT University does not have hostel accommodation. Students make
their own arrangements with boarding houses scattered around the city.
Application and enquiries for accommodation may be made through the Student
Affairs Office if assisntance is needed.The University is planning to establish a modern
and state-of-the-art sporting and recreational facilities for both
indoor and outdoor physical activities.Health- related fitness
activities and personalised training programmes are to be conducted once the plan
21. What time are the Part-time classes conducted?
Week Days Classes:
17.30hrs to 19.30hrs
08:00hrs to 12:30rs
17:00hrs to 19:00hrs
Special Arrangements for busy students
22. When do Distance Students do their residential schools?
Residential School runs for a period of 2 weeks specific days and dates are to be advised during the residential month. Follow the link to view current dates
23. How are lessons delivered to long distance students?
The distance students attend classes during residential school
24. Do we have to pay exam fees?
No you do not pay exam fees separately as they are part of the tuition fee
25. Will I be allowed to write my exams without having paid my fees in full?
No, you will not be allowed in to write your examinations as all student fees have to be cleared or paid up in full before examination
26. What do I do if I have forgotten my exam slip or student id?
Visit the academic office and collect another registration form and a student id (at a cost for the ID)
27. How is the academic assessment structured for distance students?
The academic assessment for distance students is as follows:
40% for the continuous assessment comprising of two assignments each carrying 10 marks and 1 test which carries 20 marks, conducted during residential classes.
28. How do I contact my lecturers?
Distance students are always forwarded lecturer contact details at the time of registration, therefore as a distance student, make sure you leave correct contact details.
29. How do I get the learning material from the lecturers?
All learning materials are posted onto the student portal by the lecturer; this student account is created for the student upon registration.
30. Are tests and examinations different for distance students?
Examinations are standard for all students; however tests and assignments may differ.
31. What do I do if a lecturer does not send me materials on time?
Make contact with the Distance Learning Dept. As soon as possible.
32. When is the distance calendar available to students?
The distance calendar is available at the beginning of the semester and it can be accessed throughout from the 'Calendars' section of Greenland Technical University.
33. Can if miss residential classes and still write the exams?
You may miss residential class depending on your leave day's situation; however, this implies that you miss the class test which amounts to 20 marks of the academic assessment. Therefore, if your C.A does not meet the required pass mark of 50% then the University at its discretion could block you from not writing your final exams.
34. How do I send my assignments after completion?
Upload your soft Copy on Student Portals assignent submission Portal.
IT related questions
1. Which one is my student number?
The student number is your personal identification or computer number. It is a combination of your course of study and numerical number. It is found on your registration form or student card (e.g. S160033)
2. What do I do if my results are not showing on the portal?
When you log onto the student portal, click View Results. If you are able to view the course code but no results in the fields (No Results) then the lecturer has not uploaded the results. However if you cannot see the course then visit/contact the academic office as you might have not been registered for that course.
3. How do I log into my student portal?
Click the button at the top right corner of the website enter your student number and password. If you are a newly registered student, wait for the student registration number and your password as you will be given upon registration,upon receipt of your login details proceed to log on.
4. I forgot my password, how do I reset it?
Contact the IT department on campus
5. I can't access my assignments or materials under my student portal
If you are able to view all courses, then the materials or assignments have not been uploaded by the lecturer. However if you can't view the courses then you have not been registered for the particular course.